Durham Gaming Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what do people play as?

5 posters

Go down

So what do people play as? Empty So what do people play as?

Post  adamhartnett Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:20 am

so what are people playing and/or thinking of playing?
adamhartnett
adamhartnett

Back to top Go down

So what do people play as? Empty Re: So what do people play as?

Post  z4carlo Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:50 am

I have like 1500 points of Imp Guard atm, streaching it out to 2000k as i get my valk/vendetta finished

Im thinking of adding some Space Marines slowly to it after that, was considering a few deathwatch squads made slowly with lots of love and attention (every member with individual chapter and gear ect) but not sure what rules i could use for them. Considered sternguard or somthing similar.
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

https://durhamgamingclub.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  adamhartnett Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am

cool will you just be using the marines as allies??
adamhartnett
adamhartnett

Back to top Go down

Post  R.I.K Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:54 am

Orks, all the way, I have roughly 1500 points of Orks, however most of it is unpainted/not ready to be played with. I can make a solid 1000 points easily, but that doesn't mean it is necessarily good. If I can get a better grasp on plasticard and other conversion materials I'll hopefully be able to make a full Deffwing army. I do like a bit of nob.

I have wanted to make a Space Marine army for a very long time, as it was originally the first army I started with, more specifically Dark Angels. However this soon turned to Chaos Space Marines, then to Eldar and now finally to Orks.
Sadly the Dark Angels codex isn't up to scratch in comparison to the more recent Vanilla codex and even more so the latest Space Wolf and Blood Angel codices so I'm hoping when the next one is released it'll inspire me to get into them and make an army.

I am also looking forward to the new Daemon Hunters; my mouth is salivating for shiny plastic kits and fancy gubbinz.
R.I.K
R.I.K

https://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff250/keg999/

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:39 pm

adamhartnett wrote:cool will you just be using the marines as allies??

Probably use em as a combined apocalypse imperial force when possible, other than that just build the Marines into thier own 1-2k force.
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

https://durhamgamingclub.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  chrispcarter Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:22 pm

I've put more details in the introduction thread I posted in General Discussion, but I'll put a summary down here too:

Ultramarines - 12000
Guard - 4000
Daemonhunters - 2500
Titan - 750

Obivously everyone can club together for Apocalypse, last time I did that we played 15000 a side (that was messy, only managed 2 turns).
chrispcarter
chrispcarter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:48 pm

warning to all astartes, Chris will spam plasma to win.

As you all know by now, I have about 4,500 points of Blood Angels. Will be expanding later in the year with some more dreads & at least 1 storm raven.

Also started a true scale deathwatch team to go with a Xenos Inquisitor band & PDF forces. prob wont be a legal army if the romours of the new Greyknights are to be believed.

Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  chrispcarter Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Actually I don't normally take plasma very much, only to kill Feel No Pain spammers... I mean Blood Angels.

Still, I'll have to use Sternguard Squad Gordian again, especially since they so deservedly earned their nickname "The Executioners"!

Your Deathwatch probably wobn't be legal but there is always a way around these things...
chrispcarter
chrispcarter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down