Durham Gaming Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Summaries

4 posters

Go down

Character Summaries Empty Character Summaries

Post  chrispcarter Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:47 am

Thought I would start off a thread where we can just say what our characters are and give a quick overview (rather than the inevitable fluff avalanche).

My character will be an Arch-militant, kitted out for sniping.

He was born into nobility, but from a young age preferred shooting and combat training to the demands of high society. He is currently on the run from underworld forces out for revenge due to the vigilante attacks he made on the various criminals in his home sector.

He has also been embroiled in an Imperial war against Chaos, so does not like Chaos types at all.

Oh and his name is Gideon Barakus Smile
chrispcarter
chrispcarter

Back to top Go down

Character Summaries Empty Re: Character Summaries

Post  Rob Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:39 am

I shall be playing everyone else in the entire universe

Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  R.I.K Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:49 am

Hello, my name is Richard, and I'll be playing an ork.

He likes fighting, getting drunk, competing, drunken brawling, swinging his choppa, squishing stuff, combing his hair squig, more fighting, shouting, abusing other species and getting absolutely shitfaced.

Rob mentioned that we'd be starting on an Imperial World so I figured it'd be unlikely for an ork to be there willingly. So what I thought would be a good idea is if he was captured by Imperials as a yoof and was then used as an underground/world attraction for the gambling masses. Placing bets on what would win out the city's best fighter or an ork? Or even a group of the city’s best fighters or even a grox or two. So after being there for most of his life he’s come to be known as somewhat of a celebrity, almost infamous for never falling in a fight. So people gamble on whether today will be the day that he is finally beaten.

If Rob’s ok with that then I’ll likely want to call him ‘Ork’ or ‘Ork Ork’ as that is what the fans will be cheering.
If Rob has something else in mind then I’ll think of something else.
R.I.K
R.I.K

https://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff250/keg999/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:41 pm

I'll be playing as Soloman Bale. A Void born, Criminal, Scavenger & kick ass pilot...

...or 'Void Master' to give him a proper Rogue Trader title.

Think of a Han Solo/Murdock/Starbuck lovechild & your pretty close to this guy’s personality. Deep down he’s a good guy, but his love of money, drinking, gambling & womanising tend to lead him in the wrong direction, often with the wrong company.

Born onboard the free trader ‘Oberon’s Oblivion’ in deep space, (Soloman fondly refers to her as the ‘Old Double O’) to a tech savant father & shuttle pilot mother, Soloman was raised with an understanding of both areas. He showed his mother’s natural affinity towards piloting, & shared her reckless nature. His fathers understanding of Stellar navigation & tech craft also wore off, yet this was more to do with his father’s strict regime for educating his son, then any natural skill. Never studious, Soloman ensured that he learnt just enough to spare himself from his father’s belt.

Whilst on shore leave on the Planet of New Mercia, the young teenage Soloman was press-ganged into service with the Imperial Navy. Soloman’s natural affinity with space flight & Stellar navigation saw him rise through the more menial ranks & by the age of 20 he was considered for a position as a fighter pilot onboard the frigate 'Veiled Salvation'.

Gambling, drinking & womanising however, saw this potential wasted as Soloman’s growing disregard for authority saw his obvious skills overlooked when the next draft of pilot’s was made.

Assigned instead to the ship's armoury, Soloman grudgingly honed his skills to maintaining the weapon systems of the Thunderbolt Squadron 424. Unfulfilled Soloman fell into an underdeck gang, & charges of affray, drunk on duty & insubordination were levelled against Bale with startling regularity.

Then came the death of a warrant officer. Soloman will only speak of it with a belly full of amasec. He has never admitted responsibility but, when pushed on the matter he will give his standard response & say that it was over a woman. Just as Bale felt the noose of investigation tightening around him, ever the opportunist he grabbed that chance of escape during a naval action against Eldar raiders. Soloman commandeered an Arvus lighter & flew it headlong through the ensuing space battle. Such was the reckless abandon of his flight; Bale’s naval record even reports him as being KIA, a fluke of fate that has kept the Imperial Navy authorities off his back.

A decade of selling his skills as a pilot to the highest bidder saw him pilot everything from fighter craft to a free traider’s frigate. His tendency of working for those that pay well has often found him on the wrong side of the authorities. As such he is wanted by Arbite forces across the subsector, yet his ability to disappear amongst the faces of a crowd has often saved his neck.

He still wears the flight suit of a thunderbolt pilot, stolen on his flight from the Veiled Salvation. As well as a warrant officer’s finely crafted mono-blade cutlass, Bale also favours the blunt power of a hand cannon should he be forced into a corner. He loves gambling, especially dice & even caries a weighted pair on his person for when his ‘luck is out’.

Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum