Durham Gaming Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humble Beginnings

4 posters

Go down

Humble Beginnings Empty Humble Beginnings

Post  z4carlo Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:30 am

Hey, so been working on the campain outline for WHFP, below is a small intro to the campain to get peoples imaginations going. When we come to play i would like people to have a background for thier character worked out, there will hopefully be a decent amount of storytelling and not just combat.

Also if people had a whole 1 painted model for thier character than that would be much appreciated!

---------------
The PC's gather in Vienau, a medium sized town overflowing with refugees, merchants, priests and those of a less savoury character brought to the area by the recent upheaval caused by the Storm of Chaos. Vienau, situated upon the River Talabec, has become a meeting place of many different groups of travellers in recent months. Much of Northern Talabecland still lays in ruins since the chaos incursion swept south. Vienau has recently become stratigically important, it is now the most northerly settlement of any reasonable size upon the River Talabec, a major trade route carrying goods from Kislev and further north right down to Altdorf. Beyond the walls of the town much of the country is still wild and dangerous, despite this many have come to this war torn corner of the Empire; each for thier own reasons.

---------------
Some example reasons people may come to Vienau;
# Do-gooders flock to the area to help rebuild and care for the refugees.

# Merchants know there is good money to be made in the last safe docking port this side of the Talabec in the Empire.

# Much chaos taint lies still waiting and recouperating in the forests of northern Talabecland, not everyone is happy to let it lie in the wake of the Chaos invasion's retreat.

# Those of a less savoury nature know that there are easy pickings amoungs the desolate people and ruined towns.

# Impoverished/Dislocated Nobles know the best way to gain land and title is to go out into the wild places of the world and claim them whenever such an opportunity arises.
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

https://durhamgamingclub.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Humble Beginnings Empty Re: Humble Beginnings

Post  z4carlo Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Ok just to revive this old thread as noone seemed interested the first time round.
For next sat i want you to decide;

# where your from
# why you have travelled to Talabecland
# how you have travelled to Talabecland (ill help you with this one)

also
# what god do you pray to
# how supersticious/feverent are you?

and finally if you have an overall goal for your trying to achieve and ill tell you how realistic it is and will see if it can be worked into the story
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:47 am

hi mate,

I'm working on a more in depth background, which I'll send to you seperately. A couple of ideas I'd like to work into the dude but need your input.

Name: Konrad Kaine.
Occupation: Sell Sword. Hired by the temple of Morr to guard a party of priests, Accolites etc on there way to Talabecland to assist their bothers in disposing of the conflicts dead.

Konrad is superstitiously religious & carries several 'lucky tokens' around his person. finger bones of Martyrs, ravens skulls etc etc.

Konrad is a Sigmarite first, but has a healthy respect for many of the gods & will utter a prayer to each as the need & circumstance requires.

While distrustful of foriegners, especially Harflings, elves & Talabeclanders, Konrad has served with both Dwarves & Ogres when hired by a Sylvanian tax collector & has more time & respect for these races.

He is skilled with a blade & enjoys his mead hot & always has time for a good yarn. Konrad's trusted dog travells with him, a scruffy small mongrel named Magnus (after Emperor Magnus the Pious).

Last edited by Dan on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Humble Beginnings Empty Character Profile:

Post  R.I.K Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:06 am

Name: Gabriel
Origin: Tennock, Northern Stirland

Gabriel, originally an orphan, spent his entire childhood and to date adult life working as a devout follower of Morr. He was taken into an orphanage at a very young age, between six to eight years old. No family wanted him and even the other children stayed away due to how ‘different’ he was. Gabriel never liked to play; if he ever did it would be by himself, alone.

The locals do not like to talk about how they found him and have always kept quiet when on the topic, saying that he is an evil omen child and carries with him the evil eye, parents told their children to not look directly at his face for fear that he will give you the eye.
Some rumours that have spread between child and local alike, some simply absurd, yet the most true of them all would be that Gabriel was first found in a house coveted in blood from floor to ceiling, caking the walls and the furniture with human remains scattered from corner to corner. He was found in the middle of the house stood over the remains of what were his family bearing an emotionless face and without a speck of blood on him.

Gabriel was mute as a child, never speaking or uttering a word, even when he was took into the temple of Morr he agreed to follow the temple’s priest with only a simple nod. He was taken in at the age of fourteen and had not spoken a word until he was eighteen. His Reikspiel was rusty when he uttered his first words however picked up quickly as the temple always tried to encourage speak with him, inside and out of duty, ever since his initiation, including the Classical tongue, however that kicked in much later.

Gabriel was not his first name and instead a name given by the temple. Back in the orphanage he had no name and now only accepts his given name. No matter how many times his fellow initiates asked of his past Gabriel never answered and refuses to give his old name, or even his family name. Gabriel never likes to talk about himself, nor does he really like to talk to others, if he is ever asked to talk about himself or ever asked to give an introduction he will say the same words “I were chosen by Morr.” He is often quiet, if he is not reading or practising passages and rites he wanders the Garden of Morr.

After volunteering himself he was then issued with a handful of other priests, and one local sell-sword, given the duty to travel to Talabecland to assist in the burying of the deceased.
--------------------------------------------------

Fluff and background.
R.I.K
R.I.K

https://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff250/keg999/

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:45 am

Nice work both of you, classic richy and dan characters it seems haha!
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:32 pm

If Konrad is travelling with Gabriel, he may well turn to drink & become Bale Mk2

Carlo, what are your thoughts about the fluff I sent you? I wanted to give you some potential adventure seeds... any good?
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 am

Yeah good stuff man, maybe an idea or two but not giving anything away...
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Humble Beginnings Empty Althalus The Slayer Arrives In Talabecland

Post  Gotex Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:17 am

BTW : Im Spam!!!

This is just something I've quickly knocked up for my guy, have got more of a story/fluff being typed, but this is quick overall

Name: Althalus
Origin: Farm, West of Carroburg

--------------------------------------------------
Althalus was once a proud member of the Elven army from Altdorf, he had reached a state of captain and had commanded men within regiments, winning several battles otherwise thought lost at times do to some reckless tactics. A bit of a boy among 'men' he was also envied by older Elven Captains and Generals of the Elven forces who felt a young upstart was no place among the elite echelons of command.

Signing his commission at a young age for en Elf, he left the army to set up a new life, a new home,with his childhood sweetheart on a farm in the forests west of Carroburg with his twin girls. It wasn’t to be such a fairytale life however. During a time away from the farm in Altdorf, Althalus arrived back at his farm to find his sweetheart Danyal murdered as well as his twin girls. Stricken with grief, anguish and rage, Althalus tracked some of the men that had attacked his now family’s blood drenched place back to Altdorf, in a local tavern, gloating over the death. Althalus made swift work of one man, a human bandit, dragging him to his horse and riding into the night. In his rage, Althalus ripped the man apart to find out why he had been targeted. Before the man died, whom he found was named Ghend, all was revealed to Althalus. Showing no mercy, no compassion,he killed man as painfully as possible till the screams echoed through the forest.

Learning of a bounty placed on his head, after burying Danyal and the girls, he took all his possessions from the home and sold them all, all except those which he would use to hunt down those responsible, including the name of the person who had ordered the killing to claim his life as bounty.

Beginning a new life as a thief and assassin, Althalus began his future life as a waylander, a slayer. Hot on the trails of one of the four remaining killers of his family, his journey takes him to Talabecland. as one thought drove his being, to catch the lowest of the low, you have to become what you hunt...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea of WFB universe so if anything is a bit shit, doesnt look right or read right etc, many apologies as was trying to blend a character I idolise into a universe he aint meant to fit lol!!

Last edited by z4carlo on Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Carlo: Just changed it from Talabeclanders to Talabecland)

Gotex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum