Durham Gaming Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The last hobby related thing I did was...

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The last hobby related thing I did was... Empty The last hobby related thing I did was...

Post  chrispcarter Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:11 am

Thought I might make this thread my contribution to the forum, as I've seen similar ones take off quite well in other places.

Basically it's a chance to brag about how much modelling / painting / gaming you've been doing (or to lament about how little)!

I'll get things started: The last hobby related thing I did was last night, when I put the last bits of rubble on the base and attached the last couple of purity seals to the armoured sarcophagus of Dreadnought Reclusiarch Tiberius Vicinius, the Venerable Dreadnought I have converted to a Chaplain for use either as a Venerable Dreadnought, a generic Chaplain Dreadnought, or Chaplain-Dreadnought Titus from IA9, depending on the game I'm playing.

I've been pottering on with him for a while, and the idea had been bouncing around in my head for years (even before FW had done one), but when the Venerable Dread kit came out I saw that the arched armour plates were perfect for Chaplain use. I green stuffed a normal SM helmet to give it a skull like mouth piece (not sure how well this has turned out) and did various other bits of kitbashing, and I'm fairly pleased with the result. I need to spray him again and then I can start painting (ha!), I'll put pictures up if I get the chance.

What has everyone else been up to lately?
chrispcarter
chrispcarter

Back to top Go down

The last hobby related thing I did was... Empty Re: The last hobby related thing I did was...

Post  z4carlo Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:11 pm

Ive been doin a little painting on my guard melta vets tonight but its very slow goin! ive basicvally been doing this squad for a couple of evenings per week for about 3 weeks Sad i wish i would just paint faster but im not happy with them...
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

https://durhamgamingclub.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The last hobby related thing I did was... Empty Re: The last hobby related thing I did was...

Post  Dan Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:20 pm

last hobby related thing I did was finish painting a rue scale Deathwatch Marine Brother Memnon.

I'm, really happy wit hw he turned out.

I've also got the bits together to build a fire happy Dark angels Devi & a grenade happy Space wolf assault dude.

Just for my own collection, but you guys ve come up with some very colourful characters I thought I'd steal your ideas.

Also build a te scale DW libby, but he's not quite finished.

Anyway, enough talk, I'm going to my daughter now x
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  chrispcarter Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:27 pm

Enjoy Dan Smile

Last thing I did was yesterday when I read through the leaked copy of the GK codex... looks like they should be fun to play, unforgiving though.
chrispcarter
chrispcarter

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:25 pm

Chris that was about to be my post!

Last hobby related thing i did was when i read through the leaked GK codex on thursday, they actually fit better with my guard tan i though they would (assuming you lead them with inq coatez) might have to give em a go!
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chrispcarter Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:06 pm

Yesterday I list-bashed the GK leak a little (Draigo, a Librarian 10 Paladins and a Dreadknight - legal army, 13 models, 1500 pts!) and bought an Ironclad Dreadnought from ebay (28% off, thank you ebay).
chrispcarter
chrispcarter

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:49 am

Sitting in the lab taking readings while having my netbook on the wireless has cost me dearly this week, last gaming related thing i did was buy a massive (bout 4,000 point)
IG epic army off ebay for £65! Monday i bought some kasrkin too, not 100% why just was browsing ebay while waiting for the readings to finish and couldnt help but bid!

Seen lots of other goodies i want but i realy shouldnt bid...lots more readings to take this week though so not sure what will happen in my boredom!
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chrispcarter Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:47 pm

I received and undercoated (on the sprues) my new Ironclad yesterday, haven't started assembling it yet though as unfortunately Ewan wasn't content to watch dad assemble his miniatures and demanded cuddles instead!

Gonna head to GW during my lunch break for a hope at a peek at the final GK 'dex.
chrispcarter
chrispcarter

Back to top Go down

Post  chrispcarter Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:03 am

Well that was a bust... delivery hadn't arrived so no GK Dex and no flying bases I was waiting for :\

Have to wait till bloody wednesday now before I can pick em up since Durham store is closed mon-tues-wed. Annoying!
chrispcarter
chrispcarter

Back to top Go down

Post  chrispcarter Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:03 pm

It seems I'm the only one doing this but I will keep posting away until it catches on!

Over the weekend I assembled an Ironclad Dreadnought, then realised I wanted to magnestise the assault launchers and hunter-killer missiles, which I went back and did after assembly. Would have been much easier if I'd done that before assembly, but you live and learn Razz
chrispcarter
chrispcarter

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:37 am

On sunday morning i finished painting and basing my DW templar, finished him up and whent to play another awsome game! Good times but did basically waste my entire day.

Also got some epic done, mainly pinning my airforce to flying bases, cant waitto get playing with them.
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:02 am

just finished sculping work on a truescale darkangels devastator marine for my Deathwatch squad... he looks ace.
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Nice one dan i bet he is awsome Smile

Ive spent a decent amount of my day (i realy should have been working) downloading and reading Rogue Trader / Dark Herasy / Deathwatch books! So many cool things, they realy are nice books Smile I found a site where sumone had uploaded loadz of the proper pdf's, not scanned versions, so have maybe half of all the books they have brough out for each of the 3 games with a realy high quality. If ya want some then just bring a USB stick to next DW game.
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:00 am

just purchased myself a lttile treat for my birthday.

As i blatently suffer from ADOSTD (atension deficit ohhh shinny things disorder) i've gone & bought....

Draigo & a box of Grey Knight terminators...

hmmmmm shinny

Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:55 am

Sounds good i like the Drago model.

Last hobby related thing i did was play epic with anth and it was ... epic Smile.

I more suffer from OMGTABD (oh my god thats a bargin disorder) recently bough MORE guard, but it was SUCH a bargin i couldnt avoid it!
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Last hobby related thing i did today was play another game of epic with anth, got HAMMERED so was inspired to buy some forgeworld artillery because my army is seriously lacking it, say goodbye £28, say hello 9 awsome manticore and 3 medusa models!
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chrispcarter Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:21 am

Nice to know someone is supporting Epic Smile

Like Dan, I've gotten some Grey Knights, but I deny any claims of shiny army syndrome as I already had a load of em!

In fact, all I've bought is Draigo and a couple of Nemesis Dreadknights - well, those and a handful of the new weapons to convert my old metal Strike Squads and Terminators with!

In fact I have about 2000 pts of Grey Knights now in new money, not bad really!

Driago is assembled and the NDKs are nearly done as well, once they are all finished the airbrush is gonna come out to get everyone boltgun metalled, methinks.
chrispcarter
chrispcarter

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Recieved my new epic from forgeworld, 9 manticores with 18 sets of left hand missiles, 0 right hand missiles Mad
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chrispcarter Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Augh Forgeworld, so good at making models but so bad at supplying them in proper conditions...

See what you can get with an angry call to customer services, remember "where there's blame, there's a claim".

I've just been trying to work out what skills and talents to give Brother Achellion today!
chrispcarter
chrispcarter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:57 pm

chrispcarter wrote:

That's atleast 7 models

Carlo, that's bad crack mate... get them told!

For the price they charge, everything sould be polished & delivered by topless women... muppets

Last edited by z4carlo on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:56 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Dan doesnt know how to quote properly)
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  chrispcarter Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:56 pm

34 actually - and that's not including my Inquisitors and their retinues!

Also if that did happen your lass would just stop you ordering owt!
chrispcarter
chrispcarter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Dan wrote:
chrispcarter wrote:

That's atleast 7 models

Carlo, that's bad crack mate... get them told!

For the price they charge, everything sould be polished & delivered by topless women... muppets

que Carlo's sarky commments about quoting

CARLO IS A DICK!
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:53 pm

Oh & I 've started converting another Inquisitor based on Eisenhorn...

... That is all
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  chrispcarter Tue May 10, 2011 8:59 pm

You'll have to show me how that goes as as you know Eisenhorn is one of my favourite characters.

I've been working on the different Badab War Characters and deciding how I will represent them for counts-as purposes, as some of them let you make variant armies and anything that lets me play a new way is fun Smile
chrispcarter
chrispcarter

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Tue May 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Im still waiting for my right hand side manticore missles from FW.

Other than that ive been stripping some ratlings, but it hasnt gone so well they have some strange brown undercoat that just wont shift with nail polish remover, any ideas?

Other than that EXAMS so everything is on the backburner atm Sad gona put alot of work into getting my guard done afterwards.
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum