Durham Gaming Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using - rites of battle pdf to beef up characters.

3 posters

Go down

Using - rites of battle pdf to beef up characters. Empty Using - rites of battle pdf to beef up characters.

Post  Dan Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:14 pm

Just to clarify, is it ok to beef up our characters in terms of fluff & past experience with the rites of battle pdf?

If so where does it cross over?

for example can I have the the 'Thy strength be legend' armour upgrade which gives +10 to Strength & then have a Mk 2 helmet from the expansion that infers further bonuses?

Also, I'm pulling together the 'successor' information for the Emperor's Scythes, who if anyone needs to reveiw this to ensure everything is a sit should be?

Seeing as everyone has more RPG experience than me, let me know what you think?
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Using - rites of battle pdf to beef up characters. Empty Re: Using - rites of battle pdf to beef up characters.

Post  z4carlo Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:07 am

Im preaty sure we are goin for everything in rites of battle being fair game, as for the extra power armour tables in rites of battle they are supposed to be instead of the power armour history in the core rulebook (see the little table to roll on - top right of rites of battle pg 153 / pdf pg 154). Noone had had a chance to read that section before we did the rolls for power armour history, so maybe you can change if you want, but its all up to rob!

As for the deeds, i would assume that even though you are supposed to pick em when you start that they would still be fair game as we have only just discovered them now, again have to cheak with rob.

Distinctions are summthing offered to you by rob, i.e i assume that what the marksmanship honor he gave you last game will be generated from, so dont go handing them out to yourself Rolling Eyes

Basically anything goes, this is our game, rob wants to change or allow sumthing that isnt normally allowed then thats up to him, but dont forget you should be trying to make your character as fluffy as possible not as powerful as possible, rob allready having a tough time of trying to do any kinda lasting damage to us and we have bearly begun getting skills yet!
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

https://durhamgamingclub.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Using - rites of battle pdf to beef up characters. Empty Re: Using - rites of battle pdf to beef up characters.

Post  Dan Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Cheers mate,

i spoke to Rob & he said that if I can justify why my character would have the said articles, then it would be ok by him.

I've expanded upon Memnon's back story why he has the 'Helm of Priam' (known as the 'Helm of Modicus' in the Rites of battle book. This also explains why Memnon also bares 'Trophies of battle'

I'll post these background stories in new threads as agreed.
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:49 am

The fluff story is realy good mate! Couple of things though, firstly in a RPG nothing comes for free (in my opinion, rob may differ) an awsome fluff generally justifys you to take awsome skills/equipment at either cut cost or when you normally wouldnt be able to, not for free though.

I would say the campain deed Battle Damage (Rites of Batlle pg 81, pdf pg 82) is exactly what your looking for, possibly paying maybe 300-500 exp for 2 bonus historys which you have picked? As allways up to rob.
Think of it this way if as a usual upgrade you could take,
+5 BS (+10 vs nids)
+ 10 Command
+ 5 Fellowship
For 500 points normally you would be straight on it!

Also not to be a fluff nazi BUT prepare to talk your way out of this one...
How does Brother Priam, im assuming a member of the Scythes ("founded approximately in the years 500 - 600.M41, making them one of the Imperium's relatively newest brotherhoods of Space Marines.") Have MK2 armour? only the founding chapters would have suck old sets of armour and i seriously doubt they would give them up even upon the founding of a successor!

Btw im not being an arse just wondered if youd considered that? and if so what you thought?
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:53 am

Right now im confused, on the same site it says they are both "founded approximately in the years 500 - 600.M41, making them one of the Imperium's relatively newest brotherhoods of Space Marines." and yet they are Second Founding... isnt it known? Is it desputed?
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:11 am

Ney bosh Carlo,

Chapter Master Thorcrya 'defender of Sotha' was also the first Chapter Master so they definately weren't second founding.

In regards to armour, I wouldn't let the mark of armour worry you, as there are a few ways around this.

Successor Chapters, often recieve artifacts from their parent chapter upon their creation. Strengthening the chapter's herritige & reinforcing bonds of brotherhood.

Also

The Mechanicum, does't stop producing a particular mark of armour when a new mark becomes available. Some forges have never produced certain upgrades depending upon various factors, others skipped over some marks, prefering others. It's not a one size fits all industry.

FInally

The Imperium is placed under great strain during times of new foundings & just because a stock pile of armour does not fit the current state of the art blue prints doesn't mean they are not distrobuted to the new Chapters.
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Yes to the questions about using the rites of battle to flesh out you characters, this is a very good book and the armour and history should mesh easily with the old upgrades so no problem there.
Right dan About that helm. I thought it was a mark of armour, I diddnt know that was a special item i thought it was a armour history old/ new mk thing you wanted so thats why i said yes. You are going to have to pay for it somehow but we can discuss this when we next get together.
Thanks for keeping everyone right carlo, I will do the imagination and you do the boring rules lawyering!!!

Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:53 pm

Ah ok ney bosh Rob.

I've got About 1k of xp unspent so I'm sure we can come to an understanding... carlo's just miffed cos he can't have his shield the big girl!

Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum