Durham Gaming Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mission musings - The Ganglands

3 posters

Go down

mission musings - The Ganglands Empty mission musings - The Ganglands

Post  Dan Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Diplomacy, it would seem is not brother Memnon's strong point.

But then the inquisition did seem rather intent upon sending its most elite unit to crack down on what was in all truth a local Arbites matter.

Not so much a hammer to crack a nut, but rather a Nemesis force sword to crack one.

That said, I did have fun playing Memnon as he returned to his gangland roots, In my first Deathwatch Game in forever.

Having grown up in the only hive on a semi industrialised agriworld, this was somewhat of a home coming for the brooding Scythe. However the Deathwatch Memnon is a man far removed from the boy that was raised in the streets of Sotha Prime.

Gone are the all the subtle traits that were required for survival in that dog eat dog world, The gentle balance of niceties, respect, veiled threats & shows of all out strength (normal requirements of gangland politics) lost now to the Marine that has spent more time on his own or with a select handful of the emperor’s finest fighting xenos in remote corners of the galaxy, then mixing with mortal men.

To be honest, trying to be diplomatic with a character that only tolerates mortal men when they are subservient & respectful to him, was at times a struggle on a world where every one was spoiling for a fight.

Only the level headed words of the squad apothecary stayed Memnon's hand & stopped him from butchering the 'Orphans' to a man.

Memnon’s mission in a nutshell

High points :–

Crushing the all bones in Orphan leader’s hand to powder. All because the man refused to stop clicking his fingers. A sure sign that Memnon’s tolerance of disrespecting mortals was at the end of its rope pretty soon into the mission.

Uppercutting the ganger that kept shouting ‘who’s house’ in Memnon’s face & breaking his neck.

Shooting the driver of a speeding truck, with his hunting rival & seeing it crash into a ball of flames, thus preventing 30 gangers joining the fight.

Shot gun antics… about 20 KR3’s in two double barrels bursts… good times. I want this gun for keeps.

Claiming eyes! Orphan’s leader & Baseball fury’s boss both lost these appendages for crossing the Death Reaper.

Telling the Oprhans, in response to their third utterance of ‘we’re the orphans’… ‘well then.’ *sadistic smile* No one will cry for you when you all die’ = Intimidation win

Low points :-

Kicking himself in the balls after rolling a 100 to hit.

Shitting himself as he failed to pass a test to piss. Unsure why one was needed anyway? Can knife an Arbites silently without a test because its second nature, but can’t piss without one. Bad times

Bones of contention. :–

Unobtainium baseball bats… they really fooking hurt

Hostages that refused to stay alive long enough to question. Humans break so easy 

A boss that some-how parried a critical attack from behind, despite turning away to fight the Spacewolf scout. This in turn led to Memnon kicking himself in the balls… quite a feat of logistics.

Lending Anth my red dice for the whole game only to suffer numerous critical hits & parries due to him rolling zeros on it… Anth has ruined it for you all… no lending of dice ever again!

Man of the Match :– Jorvick,

It has to be a debutant, for the following reasons:

Doing an A-team style van ram raid to get the team out of dodge went the big meet went sour.

Punching an Orphan’s runner through a building & killing him.

Making things go boom. Be it 20+ KR3s with dynamite, grenades in a tree, or dynamite from the window of a truck. The Scout made a great attempt to make up for the absence of our Warp tinkering Librarian.

Coming to Memnon’s aid & killing the final boss in style by splitting the man in two with his axe. The blow running from between his eyes, right to his groin. Nice way to end the big fight.

All round excellent roll playing of a Space wolf scout.
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

mission musings - The Ganglands Empty Re: mission musings - The Ganglands

Post  Antoine Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:09 am

whoooooooo's hooouuuuussee
Antoine
Antoine

Back to top Go down

Post  z4carlo Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:24 am

Dan wrote:Making things go boom. Be it 20+ KR3s with dynamite, grenades in a tree, or dynamite from the window of a truck. The Scout made a great attempt to make up for the absence of our Warp tinkering Librarian.

Almost made up for the lack of the old Brother Nathaniel 'potato sack' special
z4carlo
z4carlo
Admin

https://durhamgamingclub.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:07 pm

z4carlo wrote:
Dan wrote:Making things go boom. Be it 20+ KR3s with dynamite, grenades in a tree, or dynamite from the window of a truck. The Scout made a great attempt to make up for the absence of our Warp tinkering Librarian.

Almost made up for the lack of the old Brother Nathaniel 'potato sack' special

We did ok, for being down a libby & a Tech Marine.

any news on xp?

Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:16 pm

Ok so had a little time to think about the mission. (well alot of time as I've only had about 6 hours sleep since. Thanks go to my beautiful daughter & her louder then Loud cry)

So what could we've done differently.

1. We're here! discharging a weapon on the streets in the territory of the biggest gang in the city, may in hindsight have been a little harsh. Some, gentle questioning of a street vender or obscura dealer may have gone down alot better.

Well it gave us a little rep with the KR3's a bold manouver, but lacking in any finese.

I think I should've played it more as an Orgrin, a bit dumb to lower their guard & get the information required. well it worked out... just.

2. I think the big meet went pretty much as Anth intended (let me know if it didn't) The death Reapers getting blamed for the shooting & having to fight our way out.

3. At this point I think we made our biggest mistake. We should've ditched our colours. being a Death Reaper going forward was only going to lead to trouble & it did.

4. Shooting the Orphan boss, was totally uncalled for. My Bag, full blame here. He just got under Memnon's skin.

5. Luther as a captured Arbites. We should've roughed him up a little, so that the officers took in his story rather then make out his armour was a little outdated.

6. kept alive atleast one of the hostages long enough to question.

Any other suggestions people have, lets share them here...
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Antoine Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:48 pm

I think this summary is as close to the truth as it gets,
Creation of the gang emblem was good, harry coming up with that and a team effort on the gang colours.
the assassination went as planned (a rarity in this mission)
but the team still intended on wreaking havoc on all the gangs, even when outnumbered 20 to 1
The Orphans was a total disaster... thanks Dan!
the train station run, was almost not a run and nearly a standing fight! (again) the only answer to every question is bashing the enemy to a pulp...
Although we ran out of time and we had to cut it a little short, the baseball furies was a good even fight... Dan almost being squashed by the leaders 'un-obtanium' baseball bat, but his team mates crushed the rest of the gang and came to his rescue...

All said and done, the mission briefing clearly stated a infiltration mission to find the goings on, on the gang world...
From the get go, the team decided to place themselves as a prominent gang and get there 'Rep' up straight away by upsetting the largest gang in the city...
not the best start, but was a good run by all...
Antoine
Antoine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down